• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, built environment shapers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Bewafa24 ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

How to Use Win32DiskImager

lennerttt

In this post, I'll see how you can create a bootable USB device to install Windows 10 readily. I am pretty sure that this can be quite beneficial when you would like to set up Windows 10 from scratch without resetting it and your PC does not have an operating system installed and it also doesn't have a DVD drive to place the Windows 10 disc in.

With this procedure, I'm going to use an application called Win32DiskImager and it is freely available to download. Use these links and download the software.

Download Win32 Disk Imager

After the download is completed, which should be fast because it does not take up too much, click on the file to initiate the program.

Once the program has loaded, simply browse your .ISO file and find it and the software will look after the rest. This is the most essential part as you should select that a USB drive after picking out the ISO file. As indicated in the text, you need a USB device which has a minimum of 8 GB of free space to copy the Windows installation files.

That's it. The screen shows you the percent, and you can continue when it's done.