• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, built environment shapers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Bewafa24 ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

Coach Alberto Salazar Banned 4yrs For His Involvement In Doping

Kwesta

Best Of The Best
Veteran athletics coach Alberto Salazar has been strike a penalty of four years ban from participating on the world championships for his involvement in doping. Salazar, 61, was found guilty after a four-year investigation by the United States Anti-Doping Agency.
Alberto Salazar was banned for a series of doping-BEWAFA24.jpg

Investigation

Usada said in a statement that two inquiry panels had determined Salazar and Brown should be punished for orchestrating and facilitating prohibited doping conduct.

Salazar was discovered to have trafficked or attempted to traffic banned substance testosterone, given athletes a substance in excess of its permitted limit and tampered with the doping control process of athletes.

"Usada’s investigation yielded a wide range of evidence referenced in the hearing, including eye-witness proof, testimonies, contemporaneous emails, and patient records,” a statement said.

A spokesperson for the Iaaf, which organises the world championships, confirmed that Salazar's credentials for the championships had been revoked.

Guru

Salazar said he would appeal against the Usada decision. “I’m shocked. During six years of investigation I any my athletes have been treated unfairly. I have always ensured that the world anti-doping code has been strictly respected. The Oregon Project has never and will never allow doping practices.”

The four time Olympic gold medallist Mo Farah left Salazar's camp in 2017 after a six year association. The Briton denied the decision was related to Oregon Project doping accusations.

Several Oregon Project athletes including the newly anointed women’s 10,000 metres champion Sifan Hassan are competing at the world championships.

SOURCE CREDIT:

US anti-doping agency hands four-year ban to Salazar for doping violations