• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, built environment shapers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Bewafa24 ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

African Star & Atletico Madrid Midfielder Thomas Partey, Acquires Spanish Football Club

Kwesta

Best Of The Best
Ghanaian footballer and Atletico Madrid midfielder Thomas Partey has made Africans proud after purchasing a stake in a Spanish football club, and he has lofty ambitions for his new business venture.

Atletico Madrid midfielder Thomas Partey is famous for his displays on the pitch but the Ghanaian star has shown himself to be adept in the boardroom as well.

The 26-year-old, who was born in Krobo Odumasi, is one of four business partners who recently purchased Madrid-based football club Alcobendas Sport.

According to Ghanasoccernet, Partey and his partners purchased the third division side in July and each hold a 25% share in the club’s ownership.

"I have joined three of my advisers who are also my good friends for us to takeover Alcobendas Sport to make it one of the great clubs in Spain," Partey told the Ghanaian publication.

"It is an ambitious project but we have put together our plans of making it a success through a gradual process of growing Alcobendas Sport from the ground up."

Javi Banos, who was Partey’s first coach at Atletico, has been recruited as the club's new head coach and has brought with him four new members for his technical staff.

The Black Stars midfielder joined Atletico Madrid in 2012 and has since made more than 142 appearances for the LaLiga giants.
pat.jpg